GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON THE USE OF THE HOTELS LICENSING BOARD'S ("HLB") WEBSITES
General Legal Information:
In the event of any inconsistency in the general terms and conditions contained herein, and any specific terms or notices of the Hotels Licensing Board contained in any other of the Board's web-sites or web-page, the specific terms or notices contained therein shall prevail.
THE HOTELS LICENSING BOARD AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED IN OR PUBLISHED ON ITS WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DETAILS OF ATTRACTIONS, EVENTS, HOTELS, TOURS AND CRUISES, ARE PROVIDED TO THE HOTELS LICENSING BOARD BY ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS OR OPERATORS. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT PROSPECTIVE USERS LIAISE DIRECTLY WITH THESE OPERATORS TO CONFIRM ANY INFORMATION THAT THEY SEEK TO RELY ON.
Any reference made by the HLB in this website to any company or other entity, or to their services or products, is NOT an endorsement nor should it imply any such endorsement of the quality or fitness of purpose of that company or entity, or its services or products.
THE HOTELS LICENSING BOARD PROVIDES THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED IN OR PUBLISHED ON ITS WEBSITE WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND THE HOTELS LICENSING BOARD AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTIBILITY, QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE HOTELS LICENSING BOARD AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF SUCH INFORMATION AND/OR RELATED GRAPHICS PROVIDED.
THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED IN OR PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE COULD INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. THE HOTELS LICENSING BOARD AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS, AND/OR UPDATE THE INFORMATION DESCRIBED HEREIN AT ANY TIME.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The links in this website will allow you to leave the HLB's website. The linked sites are NOT under the control of the HLB and the HLB is NOT responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The HLB is only providing these links as a matter of convenience to the users, and is not to be implied as an endorsement of the linked site.
Use of Copyrighted Materials and Logos
All editorial content, graphics and multimedia works on this site are protected by copyright laws and/or other laws and/or international treaties, and belong to the HLB and/or its Suppliers. These works, logos, graphics, sounds or images may not be copied, reproduced or imitated whether in whole or in part, unless expressly permitted by the HLB ("copyright statement").
Provided permission is expressly granted by the HLB, the materials or contents are available if:-
(1) the copyright notice below appears in all copies, and that both the copyright notice and the above copyright statement appears,
(2) the materials or content are used only for informational and non-commercial or personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media, and
(3) no alterations, additions or modifications of the materials or content are made in any way.
Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE: "Copyright © 2012 Hotels Licensing Board. All rights reserved."
All software and accompanying documentation made available for downloading from the HLB's web-sites are the copyrighted work of the HLB and/or its suppliers. Software and documentation ownership is retained by the copyright holder. Ownership is not transferred to you; rather, you are licensed to use the software and documentation. The use of any such software or documentation is subject to the terms of a license agreement. Please read the license agreement that accompanies each product and indicate your agreement to those terms prior to downloading.
This web-site (excluding third-party linked sites) is operated by the HLB from its offices within Singapore and elsewhere around the world. It can be accessed from all countries around the world where the local technology permits. As each of these places have differing laws, by accessing this web-site both you and the HLB agree that the statutes and laws of the Republic of Singapore, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this web-site.
You and the HLB also agree and hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the Courts of the Republic of Singapore with respect to all such matters.
Terms of Purchase from Hotels Licensing Board
By your purchase of HLB's materials or any other materials offered by HLB through the internet or such similar media, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions herein relating to such sales and purchases.
You also agree that the general terms and conditions of HLB governing use of this and other web-sites maintained by HLB shall be applicable. In particular, the disclaimers and/or exclusion of liability clauses stated therein shall also apply.
HLB reserves the right to update and amend any and all of these terms from time to time.
The HLB reserves the right to vary the price of any of its materials or products sold by giving reasonable notice to the purchaser any time before delivery of the said product.
Payment may be effected by bank draft, telegraphic transfer, cheques, cashcard or any other form which HLB may expressly stipulate from time to time. The manner and time of payment will be expressly provided for by HLB for each particular material or product sold. In default thereof, payment by a local entity with a place of residence in Singapore shall be by way of cheque made out to the "Singapore Tourism Board", whereas payment by a non-local entity shall be by way of a Bank Draft or telegraphic transfer made out for the appropriate sum in Singapore Dollars.
In the event of any dispute involving payment, HLB shall have the right to demand that you provide documentary proof of payment, before rendering a decision on the matter. In the case of payments via the cashcard, you agree that HLB shall also have full access to any and all equipment, apparatus or software used by you in facilitating the cashcard transaction, and shall also have the right to demand that you provide documentary proof of payment, before rendering a decision on the matter.
Delivery of the materials or products purchased shall only be made after receipt of payment by HLB. Delivery of the materials or products purchased shall be made by the delivery of the physical item(s) at the address or place of residence stated in the order form. Where only the electronic or soft copy of the product or material is to be delivered, such delivery shall be made by the electronic transfer of the product or materials via the internet.
HLB shall not be liable to you or be in breach, by reason of any delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of HLB's obligations in relation to the materials or products, if the delay or failure to perform was due to any cause beyond HLB's reasonable control.
HLB reserves the right to refund to you the equivalent sum of money paid if it is, for any reason whatsoever, unable to deliver the materials requested for by you.
You shall fully indemnify and hold HLB harmless in the event that any claim is made against HLB by reason of and in relation to the use of the materials or products supplied by HLB to you.
The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods 1980 to this contract is hereby expressly excluded.
By your purchase of the materials or products at the Hotels Licensing Board, you also agree to abide by the specific terms and conditions governing the use of the particular material or product.
Terms and Conditions for Use of Statistical or other Publications Purchased
The Hotels Licensing Board ("HLB") or any of its employees, servants or agents shall not be liable for any loss suffered by any person, body or organisation as a result of any error or omission in the data, information, materials or documentation provided in the Statistical or other Publications, whether or not such loss was suffered as a result of reliance on such data, information, materials or documentation.
- The data, information, materials or documentation from the HLB's Statistical or other Publications are provided solely for your own non-commercial use only. You may make:
You shall not give, re-sell, redistribute, retransmit or transfer any data, information, materials or documentation from this site in any form to any other person, body or organisation. You shall also not adapt, alter, modify, edit or otherwise affect the integrity of the data, information, materials or documentation from this site in any form and by any means. The data, information, materials or documentation from this site are provided to you so that you may use them solely for purposes which are not defamatory, unlawful or for purposes which would bring HLB into disrepute. In the event of a breach of this clause, you agree to keep HLB fully indemnified against all losses of and claims against HLB arising out of your unauthorised use of the data, information, materials or documentation downloaded from this site.
- (a) one machine readable copy, and
- (b) one printed copy of
the data, information, materials or documentation downloaded from the HLB's Statistical or other Publications for your private research, reference or study.
The sale of Statistical Publications using the Cash Card is for soft-copies only. No hard copies of the Statistical Publications would be sent to you using this system.
In the event that you wish to use the data, information, materials or documentation from the HLB's Statistical or other Publications for any commercial use or for any purpose or in any manner other than allowed above, please write in to obtain HLB's express written approval first.
You have read these terms and agree that any use of the data, information, materials or documentation from this site by yourself constitutes an agreement to be bound by these terms as well as the general terms and conditions of HLB governing use of this and other web-sites maintained by HLB.
Specific Terms and Conditions for Use of Material
- You agree that you shall not give, sell, re-sell, rent, lease or otherwise deal with the Material without the express written consent of the Hotels Licensing Board ("HLB").
- The Material are being provided to you so that you might use them solely for purposes which are not obscene blasphemous defamatory unlawful or purposes which would bring HLB into disrepute or would defame or infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party.
- All intellectual property rights in the Material vest with HLB. Except with the prior written permission of HLB, you may not reproduce, adapt, alter, modify, edit or otherwise affect the integrity of the work contained in the Material in any form or by any means. The Material shall also not be stored on any other retrieval system of any nature without the prior written consent of HLB.
- In the event that you wish to place any image(s) purchased onto the internet, you shall first obtain HLB's express approval and provide HLB with the uniform resource locator (URL) of the particular web-site on which the image(s) are to be placed. You will also take appropriate measures, technical or otherwise, to ensure that any third parties are barred from the unauthorised reproduction alteration modification or adaptation of the image(s).
- In connection with the Material, to the maximum extent permitted by law, HLB disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties as to merchantability, satisfactory quality and/or fitness for any particular purpose whether or not HLB has been specifically advised of the purpose. HLB shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever, direct or consequential, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits or opportunity, business interruption, loss of business information or any other monetary loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the Material.
- In the event that you use the Material in any manner which breaches clause 2 above, whether for your own benefit or otherwise, you agree to keep HLB fully indemnified against all losses and all actions claims proceedings costs and damages and all legal costs or other expenses arising out of any such use or out of any claim by a third party based on your non-authorised use of the Material.
- You have read these terms and agree that any use of the Material by yourself constitutes an agreement to be bound by these terms and as well as the general terms and conditions of HLB governing use of this and other web-sites maintained by HLB.
- In these Terms & Conditions, the term "Material" shall mean and refer to any text, image, design, sound, music or video whether in digital form or otherwise.